Crunchy Father’s Day Gift Ideas
Father’s Day is coming up fast. I wanted to highlight a few gift options that have caught my eye that might appeal to the crunchy dad in your life:
1. Vegan Cuts Men’s Grooming Box
Remember when I posted about the Vegan Cuts Men’s Grooming Box back in March and said something about tucking it away until Father’s Day? Just in case you forgot, you can still order the box for the vegan crunchy dad. VC says that orders placed through today should arrive in time for Father’s Day. As a reminder, the Grooming Box features 12 vegan products and is valued at $108. Box cost is $39.95 with free shipping in the United States.
2. Farm to People Tasting Box curated by Billy Corgan Many people do not know that Billy Corgan of the Smashing Pumpkins has a passion for local artisanal foods. As the owner of a tea house in the Chicagoland area, he sources beautiful and exotic teas, serves gluten free, vegan, and Paleo fare and decorates the place with an eclectic mix of antiques and art. If you are lucky enough to be in the area (as I am) you may even get to sip some delicious tea as you listen to Billy (as his alter ego DJ Ivory Tower) spin some classic Smashing Pumpkin tunes. If you cannot make it out to his Madame Zuzu’s tea house to enjoy a cup of gourmet tea, this Farm to People box features some delicious herbal teas from Madame Zuzu’s (two of my favorites in fact) as well as some of Billy’s favorite small batch foods. Three boxes, at random, will also include a handwritten note from Billy himself. The boxes cost $129, which includes free ground shipping. Due to perishable items, some areas will require an additional charge for overnight shipping. Farm to People offers other other Father’s Day gift packages at various price points and to cater to different dietary needs such as vegan, paleo, gluten free, and organic.
3. Seven Bridges Cooperative Organic Beer Brewing Kits Available in both regular and gluten-free varieties, these kits contain the certified ingredients needed for dad to brew up a batch of his own ale, lager, stout, etc. in a couple hours. Some basic equipment is required. Pricing starts at $36.00.
4. Alchemy Goods upcycled toiletries bag These water-resistant bags are crafted in the USA from reclaimed truck inner tube and and feature a zipper pull made from a tube valve. In total they are made from 92% upcycled materials. Eco-friendly and practical sounds good to me. These bags are currently on sale for $30 plus shipping.
5. Eco-friendly watches:
Sprout Eco-Friendly watches Made from eco-friendly materials such as corn resin, organic cotton, bamboo, cork, and Tyvek and using only mercury-free batteries. These watches come in a style sure to suit any crunchy dad who wants to be eco-conscious and on time. I saw prices for the watches starting around $22 on Amazon.
We Wood offers another non-traditional watch option, using mostly scrap wood to craft their watches. In addition, for every watch purchased, We Wood plants a tree somewhere in the world, with over 300,000 trees planted to date.
6. Eco Friendly Wallet: There are a whole array of wallets in every shape, configuration, and price point featuring upcycled and Earth-friendly materials. I loved this cork wallet featured on Etsy.com. and the gorgeous vintage leather wallets pictured above made from upcycled baseball mitts by Fielders Choice Goods.
7. Eco-friendly water bottle: There are so many great eco-friendly water bottles available on the market now. I personally am partial to glass or stainless steel options. We have been using Klean Kanteen bottles for many years in our family, and I have given them as gifts to family members in the past. Hydration is so important to good health and these bottles make it easy. Klean Kanteen has even recently introduced growlers to their line (pictured above) in the event that you want to pair a reusable bottle with that organic brewing kit above.
I hope that you find the perfect something or a great inspiration in the list above. What are you getting the crunchy dad in your life for Father’s Day this year?by